Thursday, December 11, 2008

TIS THE SEASON...

FOR HOMEMADE COOKIES...
Aubrey sat on the counter and helped mommy make the dough every step of the way. I wish you could have seen her with the egg. She insisted on doing it all herself and then just squeezed the egg in her two hands until it broke. Mommy's job was to remove all the eggshells :)!


(I turned my back for 3 seconds, 3 SECONDS, and this is what I find -- teeth marks in our cookie dough. Those darn cookie dough fairies must be back ;). In case anyone was wondering, those holes were not picked out with fingers. Aubrey actually put her face up to the dough and took bites. What a goober! She gets it all from her daddy -- love you sweetie!




SPOONS ON NOSES...
Oh, come on, I know this is a Christmas tradition in most of your homes. Ok, so maybe not, and technically it isn't in our home either. However, we often worry as parents if we are teaching our kids what is important, and if they will grow up to be stalwart young men and women. It is times like these that I realize...yeah, I'm teaching them what they need to know ;). If nothing else, it was quality family time (Eva did have a little help, but Aubrey managed all on her own).





AND A CHRISTMAS TREE...
Disclaimer: The battery in our camera died as I went to take a picture of the tree up and decorated. Maybe we'll post one up later, but don't count on it the way my days have been the past week or so.

Daddy's job was to pick out the tree while mommy ran around after Aubrey through a maze of trees. Who knew there were so many different TYPES of Christmas trees! We finally settled on one (with a little help from the boy scouts selling them).


And of coarse we loaded it on top of our gas saving micro machine of a car...gotta love it! And we do, but I dream of the day when we get a bigger car!


In case we don't get the chance to post again before Christmas...MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone! We hope you enjoy your holiday season with family and friends, and don't forget the reason behind all the celebrating and the greatest gift of all! We love you!

9 comments:

Emily said...

The teeth marks in the cookie dough is awesome! That's my kind of girl. We have a fake Christmas tree which is so much easier but I'm sure not as fun. I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!

Sarah said...

You are a really patient & loving mom. Andie bakes with me all the time, but I've never let her touch the eggs. I have left her at the bowl though & come back 10 minutes later to her still eating the dough! haha. Merry Christmas!!

TA said...

Merry Christmas to you too!
I love reading your blog! Miss you sister!

Cam and Mary said...

Hi Lacey!I found your blog from others in the ward. Hope you don't mind! Your girls are so cute. I love the spoon pictures! Hope your family has a great Christmas!

Tobias Family said...

Hi- how fun, it is fun to bake with kids,
see ya soon

SmithFamily said...

Love the updates! You are a better mom than me for letting Aubrey cook with you. I am not patient enough! We hope you guys have fun in Virginia. We will miss everyone!

Jenny said...

your blog always makes me laugh. i love it! i can totally picture aubrey breaking the eggs and then eating the cookie dough. that's hilarious. we sure do miss you guys! have a wonderful christmas this year.

Mandy said...

I just let Dallin, (my almost 6 year old) crack his first egg on Saturday. I wouldn't dare let Owen crack one. I am not a fan of picking out the egg shells out of the yolks. And poor Aubrey has the smith and lenahan sweet tooth working against her. :) Guess that's why she couldn't wait to sink her teeth in them! :) LOL! the spoon on the nose is a good look for ya lacey. :) You should wear that spoon when you go on a date with Ryan. :)

Melissa said...

It looks like so much fun~rolled sugar cookies are our favorite and Aubrey is quite the little baker! We love the spoons on noses too! Have a great Christmas~love to you all!

In honor of the Olympcs, and in preparation for sept. 25...we bring you Dwight Shrute!