Tuesday, February 24, 2009

One year older, and wiser too...

Well, it's offical. Yesterday, without even knowing it, Aubrey turned 2 years old. We had quite the day with Grandma in town. Grandma watched the girls (even gave them a bath :) while I ran some errands. It's amazing how much quicker errnads can be run when it's just you. Anyway, we had a great day. We went to Monkey Joe's (the best place in the world for kids to play), McDonald's for dinner (Monday night is family night and her birthday happened to fall on a monday), and then home for cake, ice cream, and presents. All in all, a pretty exciting day. It was even more fun because Aubrey's friend Jonathan shares her birthday and also turned 2 yesterday so they joined us in the festivities.


I'm amazed at how quickly the past two years have gone by, and how much Aubrey has learned, and grown, in such a short time. We are so proud of her, and blessed to have her as part of our family. I just want to share a few things that make our little Aubrey so special, and easy to love.

1. Her smile is to die for. Thank heaven for dimples!
2. The way she grabs both cheeks when giving us kisses.
3. The way she loves her little sister, and Eva in turn adores her big sis.
4. Aubrey loves to dance. But what I really love is that she loves to dance with mommy and daddy.
5. Aubrey is such a nurterer. She will make a much better mother than me someday.
6. That hair! I had a lady at the store guess she was 4. She has as much hair as a 4 year old, and I think it is just gorgeous (I LOVE those little curls).
7. I love her independent spirit (most of the time). She will make a great missionary some day :)
8. Aubrey is so social and can make anyone smile. Anyone.
9. I appreciate, and enjoy, music. Aubrey LOVES music.
10. I love (and am a bit jelous of) how Aubrey loves her daddy. No one can take his place...not even mommy. And that little girl knows she carries her daddy's heart in her tiny hands.
11. I love the way she looks at me when lying in bed and says "I love you mommy" (she does the same thing with Ryan too).

I could go on and on, but this has gotten long enough. We love you Aubrey, and couldn't think of a better way to spend forever, than with you! And just in case anyone was wondering, her 2 year stats are: 35 1/4 in (90%) 27 1/2 lb (50-75%) We'll see how long she can stay in the 90% for her height -- I'm guessing not too long :)

12 comments:

Christina said...

I know I teased about it on our blog, but there is no way our babies will ever be as cute as yours. Your girls are beautiful.

Every Star Is Different said...

Congratulations on such a big day in the life of a Mommy. That second birthday is so huge. It sounds like you had a wonderful day. By the way, the cake was quite cute!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Aubrey! It sounds like you had a fun and busy day. I love your list for her. She will love reading that when she is older. So cute!

Joyelle said...

Happy birthday cheers to such a sweetie!! can you even believe that she's 2 already?!? Time just goes by too darn fast!

Decker and Christine said...

I can not believe Aubrey is 2 already...wasn't it just yesterday we were watching the boys play soccer in the rain with a little baby???

ALC Wedding Photography said...

what a sweet sweet post! i love it. i think only those who are mothers can understand how huge of a event it is when your baby has a birthday. happy birthday aubrey!

Cam and Mary said...

I'm sure you being able to do errands by yourself was like a present to you! :) What a cute little girl!

Mandy said...

I wish we could've celebrated her birthday while you guys were here. :( It was so crazy! But fun. I always kick myself for not taking more pictures!! I don't even think we have any of you guys!! What am I going to do with myself! I'm glad little Aubrey had so much fun on her birthday!

tracyp said...

Yeah! Happy B-Day to Aubrey! I'm sorry we couldn't come but thanks for the invite. Your cake looks so darn cute! Isabel was very excited to see Aubrey in those pics. We really must get together soon! I have to say, some of those reasons you love Aubrey I do too... namely her hair and smile.. she'll break a thousand hearts with that smile.

Tobias Family said...

happy birthday aubrey, how fun to be 2, can't wait to see you guys, alexys is going to LOVE it

Reams Fam said...

Happy birthday Aubrey! Her hair is getting so long, she looks so grown up!

Anika said...

wow, she really is a little lady. how precious:) i'm glad you guys are doing well.

In honor of the Olympcs, and in preparation for sept. 25...we bring you Dwight Shrute!