Monday, February 25, 2008

She had her cake and ate it too (well, picked at it)!

I must confess, I was hoping that Aubrey would make more of a mess with her cake, but I am realizing more and more what a girly girl she is. Not only does she love cell phones, jewelry, clothes (strange, but she really does have a fetish for clothes), and makeup (she loves to sit in front of the mirror with my makeup brushes and "put it on"), but she loves to take baths and apparantly hates getting her hands messy. The first video is Aubrey at her first attempt at her cake. Even with coaxing from mommy, she still refused to dig in...until we gave her a fork (video 2) and then she started to eat it. We have quite the little girl on our hands, but what a sweetheart!

3 comments:

SmithFamily said...

What fun! We wished we could have been there! Aubrey looks so cute. She will have to take lessons from Brooke on eating cake:) Miss you guys!

Beach Hendersons said...

I know exactly how ya'll feel about the cake eating. Lukas hates getting his hands dirty and has to eat w/his fork or spoon. For his 1st I made this big cupcake on the actual birthday..I put extra frosting so it would get all over him. I can literally count them (100 pics) and I was never able to get him to eat it up and make a mess. I had to take a big chunk and put it on his mouth and nose...and I was finally able to get my pic...followed by one w/Lukas making a grossed out face! I feel your pain.

Melissa said...

Oh, man~I feel so bad we completely spaced her birthday! Sorry, little princess, and happy late birthday! She is such a doll~I love the cake video. You are amazing with your cake decorating skills too, Lacey! Lots of love from all of us~

In honor of the Olympcs, and in preparation for sept. 25...we bring you Dwight Shrute!