Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What a surprise!

Everyone (at least Ryan, his mom, my mom, and myself) were sure baby #2 was a boy. We went in for our ultrasound today, and this is what popped up on the screen!
We are very excited to have another girl and I must admit I am a bit relieved to know that two children only 17 months apart will be able to play with doll/barbies, etc. together. Aubrey is sucha girly girl that I wonder if this one will follow in her big sister's footsteps. I have some girl names leftover from my pregnancy with Aubrey, but I don't think Ryan is convinced--YET ;)! Here is our little stinker's profile. She wouldn't stop moving through the entire ultrasound and it looked like she was dancing. If you know how to "see" ultrasounds, you can see her hand(s) above her belly as she "danced" through her big debut as a girl! My favorite part of our ultrasounds are always seening the baby's fingers and toes. Here is the top of her head and one of her feet/set of toes. Aubrey has gotten so big that I have forgotten how tiny these little ones come (and for that I am GRATEFUL)!
This one is probably my favorite picture from our visit. The little baby told me one day that she was bored all by herself in there so I swallowed a balloon animal and here she is playing with it. I think it might have been a giraffe!

Well, this is the latest news on our newest addition. We feel so very blessed to be having another beautiful (I just know she will be :) baby girl, and are grateful just to see how healthy she is! Noting beats being a parent...NOTHING!!!

13 comments:

Jamie Smith said...

Yea!!!!!! More girl cousins for Lucy! Maybe that giraffe inside your belly is a sign that means this baby is gonna have some height! I am so happy for you guys, and love the fact that Ryan is going to be living in a house full of girls. He's going to loooooove that time of the month I am sure.... :)

Mandy said...

I can just tell already, that she is going to be sooooo CUTE! It's always so exciting to see how they move in your belly! She'll take after Ryan in the dancing department! :P And I am so glad that Aubrey will have a sister to play with. I think life will be easier on you to have two of the same gender since they will be so close in age. CONGRATS AGAIN!!!

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Congrats! I totally thought you guys were having a boy too. Can't wait to hear the name and see this gal's pretty face. Congrats again!!

Aly said...

I am SO excited for you guys. That is going to be so much fun having two little girlies together. They are going to be such great friends. CONGRATS!

Jenny said...

yay for another CUTE baby girl lenahan!!! how exciting! now gabe can choose between TWO beautiful lenahan girls to marry! hee hee, i think he's pretty set on aubrey though. they've swapped slobber so many times it wouldn't be fair. it will be so fun to have two girls so close together! sharing clothes, toys... all that fun stuff! yay!!

Melissa said...

Congratulations! We LOVE having girls so close together...it's like instant built in best friends and playmates. We're very excited for you!

Tia J said...

CONGRATS!!!!! So fun to have another little girl! They will be best friends! Kira can now have a little friend as well! How exciting on the new addition!

Irene said...

Congratulations! Thank you very much for sharing those experiences and those pictures. I think that it is a wonderful miracle!

Amber said...

How exciting! I grew up with three sisters all close to my age and we had so much fun playing together! My mom had a lot of fun dressing us the same too! Ryan will have to get used to being outnumbered though :)

Shantelle said...

Congrats. I found your blog from facebook. It is darling! How exciting to have another girl. I think it is best to have the same gender since they are so close. I was glad to find out that our second was a boy because they are 18 months apart. I agree that nothing beats being a parent!

kelly said...

I wanted two girls close together as well. Simon's not so bad though, we'll keep him around:) Having the girls so close will be fun! Congrats to you all!

Ashley said...

I am so excited for you!! Two girls!! You will just love it for sure!! And not to mention the fact that they're so close in age. Ethan is so cute with Aliana. He wimpers for her when she cries because he feels bad and he'll either try to rock her, find her binkie, or hold her hand! It's so fun. Although I'm not going to lie...it's a lot hard than I thought just because they both are so little still...but we all manage right?

us... said...

That is some great news! I cannot believe the stages that these children go through. I mean it was hard for me to think that we were in the stages of marriage when it was time for a baby....now getting ready for two....I mean I couldn't agree with you more about Parenting, it is just weird to sit back sometimes and realize the responsibility....gotta love it;]

In honor of the Olympcs, and in preparation for sept. 25...we bring you Dwight Shrute!