Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Our crazy lives...

We have been in St. Louis for the past week and a half and have fallen in love with the area! There is so much to do (and the best part is that most everything is free). We went to the zoo last weekend (free) and had a blast. Unfortunately, in our quick departure, I left our cable that uploads our pictures to the computer in BV. I found some cute older ones that I will post, but I will give an update, as a lot has happened in the past week and a half. Aubrey and I made a new best friend named Angela. She is our realtor here and we spent a good three days with her last week looking at homes. The good news is that we have found one, and have a contract on it! It is a 4 BR, 2 BA split level in Saint Charles, MO with a HUGE backyard (which means we will get a dog soon). We fell in love with the house the minute we walked through it and are excited to close on August 4th. Aubrey also made another friend, this one a doctor. Aubrey got pink eye and an ear infection our first week here, but the medicine has helped and she is doing much better!

Aubrey and I fly down to Dallas tonight for a Smith family reunion, and Ryan will join us Friday evening. Ryan will fly back to STL while Aubrey and mommy drive back to VA with Grandma and Grandpa Smith, and Charlie where we will stay until the baby is born. Then in August we will fly to STL permanently and move into our new home! July and August will be months of big change for us!

Ryan is really enjoying his new job and even got invited by some big shot in corporate to a spin class. So Ryan got up bright and early this morning for a 5:30 a.m. spin class. I can just picure him on a stationary bike :)! He's doing really well and learning a lot. He took a practice test for his series 7 (or maybe it was his 63) liscence yesterday, and his boss said he shouldn't have any trouble passing. We'll keep our fingers crossed and our knees bent (as my dad would say), but know the Lord will continute to bless our quickly growing family.
Well, that is more than enough reading for one sitting (if anyone is still reading by this point), so until we get that darn cable back...enjoy these old pics of Aubrey from the library in Lexington!




Uncle Charlie's graduation

I know this video is sideways, but it was too cute not to post! Our little helper. She loves to observe people and mimicks just about everything she sees.

10 comments:

M. said...

happy moving! That is so exciting :)

Aly said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the house! Its great that you like the area too. Good luck with everything!

us... said...

What a women that all sounds so fun and so so crazy! I cannot believe your little bundle of joy is coming in 33 days! Best of luck with everything and we cannot wait for all the updates!

Decker and Christine said...

Wow! You are a busy busy family! Sounds like everything is going well, though. Good luck with the next month!!! Congrats on the house, too!!!

Jenny said...

yay! congrats on finding such a great house! and it sounds like you may have a guest room... for adventurous people who miss you guys (and gabe who misses "aboo"!! so happy to hear you are all doing well and love st louis already.

The Lovells said...

I am glad to hear that you like the area. That answered my question I left on your last post. I need to get a hold of Ryan also, so if you can send me his e-mail or phone number that would be great. Thanks.

joelovell21@yahoo.com

ALC Wedding Photography said...

thank you for posting!!! what a crazy life you have right now! you are my hero! i would never be able to do so much my last weeks pregnant! congrats on the house!!! i hope it all goes well on it. I can't wait to see the pic of it! how far is SLC from NC? lol

Sarah said...

I didn't know you were moving to St. Louis. I LOVE that city. There is so much to do there. I drove down there the summer after freshman year with a friend & met up with Alyssa. (Al) Remember her? We had a blast just running around exploring the freebies. Congrats on the house, the move, the everything. How fun!!! Miss you lace.

Kemp and Whitney said...

I can't believe how big your little girl is now

Kemp and Whitney said...

We have been doing good. We will be moving to TX in August. I can't believe that Sara has had her little girl and that you are up next. I hope everything goes smoothly for ya!

In honor of the Olympcs, and in preparation for sept. 25...we bring you Dwight Shrute!