Wednesday, February 18, 2009

2 going on 16

She did it! Our little girl is growing up more each day. She is now "potty trained" at home (I'm not brave enough to try in public yet), and hasn't had an accident for at least a couple of days. I now rarely have to remind her. It's the funniest thing to watch her drop her "big girls" around her knees in the living room and try to run to the potty. She has even gone poopoo TWICE in the potty, which is huge for us! I can't believe our baby girl will be 2 on monday...where has the time gone?

On another note, Aubrey is such our little girl. Her obsessions have transferred from Blue's Clue's and The Little Mermaid, to dresses and shoes. I go get her in the morning to discover she has gotten into her closet and picked out a pair of shoes and put them on her feet. I walked into my room the other day to find 7 pairs of my shoes all around the floor. She lovingly tried each pair on until she found the ones she wanted to wear. She wears dresses nearly everyday, and the worst punishment we give her is taking her dress away. Talk about motivation. We love our little diva!

8 comments:

Every Star Is Different said...

Little girls are so much fun! We can't wait to have ours. Although Owen also has an obsession with shoes and Daddy's ties. He has since he was a year. It's so fun to watch them grow!

Parks Family said...

You have to love little girls. Congrats on getting one out of diapers! She is a smart little cookie so I'm sure she will be "public trained" in no time.

tracyp said...

We need a play dates so Aubrey can teach Izzy how to poo in the toilet. We are never going to be consistent with this until she's like 20. But YEA AUBREY!!!
You have reminded me that I need to get Izzy some dress up clothes.

Tobias Family said...

hey, yeah that is so exciting, it is so nice to just have one in diapers.

Jess said...

Lucky you! Must be nice not having to change so many diapers. Can't wait for that day but just doesn't look like it's coming any time soon. Aubrey is so cute!

Julie said...

Holy cow I can't believe she's already 2 AND potty trained! You are way lucky, Braden took until almost 3 until he was ready to make friends with the potty:) Congrats!

Jenny said...

aubrey needs to come teach her future husband how to use the potty better now! maybe the encouragement of a pretty girl will do it... seems to be the trick for most men! :) that's so fun she's such a little girlie girl.

Jessy said...

Hi! Ryan Lenahan and your family , i am your Chinese friend Weijie HUANG . I hope you that you never forget me.In my impression, today is your daughter's birthday. I hope that she is always happy and health which is we both want. I have send a E-mail to you the address is on the card you gave me .But you don't send back. DOn' you receive that :This me ,your Chinese good friend Weijie .......Jessy . Thank you for that great night which i will always hold it on my heart that lei's make friend with each other . I am moving about your friendly actions to a Chinese boy.American are good in my mind. I hope that we are good friends forever .......and i hope that one day you can come to China and then I can do something for you .
I hope that you are always be happy .And please greet to your wife and your daughter (i am sorry i can't spell her name)
Keep in touch please.......


I think you don't receive that ^^
So that' fine .I hope I can keep in touch with you ^^

In honor of the Olympcs, and in preparation for sept. 25...we bring you Dwight Shrute!