Thursday, October 4, 2007

Where is Ty Pennington when you need him?

For those who know the adventures we've endured in remodeling our home, they are really getting juicy now. Yesterday was a big day in (and out of) the house with the new kitchen cabinets being installed, and the gigantic pine tree in the yard being cut down. Our yard looks twice as big now and our kitchen is starting to look fantastic! We are having maple cabinets put in, which look great with the white appliances and tile floor, and will look fantastic with the new countertops and sink/faucet (which they will install either tonight or tomorrow). Basically, it is a brand spanking new kitchen and I can't wait to have it finished! Ryan surprised me while I was in TX visiting Mary by installing the dishwasher!!! What a sweetheart...just another reminder why I married him! We have before pictures of the house but will wait to post them until we have some after pictures to go along with them! I can't wait to be done with all the remodeling!

6 comments:

Jamie Smith said...

I always wish that Rod and I would qualify for Makeover Home Edition. I didn't know that you were getting new cabinets! How exciting! I will be waiting for these pictures. Dishwashers are the best- it actually makes me want to cook more. And I like your Halloween blog!! :)

us... said...

Wow I wish were where there to help yell move that bus! Just kidding i would love to be on that show one day though. Good luck with the house. My camera is lost so I am going crazy too.

ALC Wedding Photography said...

you cut down the big pine tree? that's crazy! we can't wait to see it. lets us know if you need any help with the house...

Mandy said...

We finally got our stinking internet working!! That stinks that you can't find your camera! I bet Aubrey took it and hid it somewhere! HA! OH! and I wanted to tell you to click on my friend Melissa's blog and you'll see pictures from our book club party! It was a blast!!

Melissa said...

Can't wait to see your pictures. We are painting our cabinets, and new ones sound very good at this point. That's so fun!

Aly said...

Hey! I didn't know you guys have a blog. That's great! I guess we will see ya soon at homecoming. Yea! Aubrey gets more beautiful every time i see her, by the way.

In honor of the Olympcs, and in preparation for sept. 25...we bring you Dwight Shrute!