Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow days!

The past few days we've had a winter weather advisory. There has been snow and ice for two days. It took Ryan an hour and a half to get home the other day (but he did make it safe in one piece :). Eva has had a cold (yet another one), so I didn't want to take her out in it, but Aubrey kept begging. It just so happened that yesterday was gorgeous. The sun was out and the wind was NOT blowing, so while Eva slept, Aubrey and I braved the outdoors. Clarification: I braved the outdoors (I dont' do well in the cold), and Aubrey LOVED the snow. I couldn't find one of her mittens so we improvised and put on one of daddy's gloves -- which she also loved! She just about walked the entire perimeter of the yard and even played on our little climber/slide. She kept falling down in the snow like that kid from The Christmas Story, and had the hardest time getting back up! Anyway, we had a lot of fun, and the only thing that got her inside was the promise of hot chocolate -- which she loved just as much as the snow :). Anyway, we had a blast and figure if it's going to be cold it might as well be beautiful too! And it was. The only thing missing was daddy!





11 comments:

Mandy said...

She is such a DOLL in her snow suit! I love it! The boys LOVE the snow and hot chocolate too. :)

Tobias Family said...

i am so jealous!!!! It hasn;t snowed a drop here yet. I wanna play in the snow with Alexys. Looks like you guys had lots of fun.

Every Star Is Different said...

I'm glad that you are all safe and warm. It is exciting that Audrey loved the snow so much. Owen refuses to wear his boots, and so we have not been out to play. He has a thing with clothes. But it's still January and winter here lasts until almost May, so perhaps there is still time! I'm optimistic. I love the snow and cold weather, but our average temperature is 5 degrees right now, and that's too cold for the kids.

Beach Hendersons said...

I do love the glove. Such cute pics.

SantaAccessories.com said...

Great Pictures - Stark white snow contrasted with sweet pink femmy snow suit on cutest of all Lil Aubrey. In GA we had no boots when it snowed so put plastic bags over their shoes, when I was supposed to put their feet inside the plastic bags and then inside their shoes. No wonder they couldn't stand up...What fun...just to play and be a kid again...

Amber said...

We just got snow here tonight! That looks fun!

Pamilya Catubay said...

Hi Lacey!
This is Lally (former Sis Manarin). just want to say hi andtell you how cute your little family is! your two girls are so cute! you're doing a great job being a mom!

Jennifer said...

It really is sad, but I am not complaining too hard,I had to use the Air conditioner again today! I don't envy the cold but I do miss how pretty everything is all covered!When is the next time you guys are headed to Atlanta? You need to stop by on the way down and at lest have luch or dinner or something. We miss all the Smith Clan!

Rachel said...

Yay! I'm so glad you have a blog- so fun to read this. You look so happy and your girls are GORGEOUS as well. I have to ask- what is your Georgia connection? I noticed you guys went there for Christmas.

The Pates said...

Look at her. She is such a dollbaby! We miss u guys!

Kristina said...

Seriously your girls are gorgeous! I love watching them grow up via your blog.

In honor of the Olympcs, and in preparation for sept. 25...we bring you Dwight Shrute!