Saturday, October 25, 2008

A new milestone!

We have reached yet another milestone here in the Lenahan household. Aubrey slept in her big girl bed for the first time last night! We have been meaning to switch her over so Eva could sleep in her crib in her own room (I was having the darndest time sleeping with her moving and rolling all night --she's a noisy sleeper). We finally finished with our traveling for the time being and thought it would be a good time to try. I had on my battle gear and was ready for WWIII, but yet again, she surprised me. After only a 5 minute struggle she was in her bed and on her way to dreamland. We are so proud of our "big" girl and feel so blessed to have such a trooper in our family! She's growing so fast, and I'm not sure I'm ready for it all, but what choice do I have? We love you Aubrey!

A quick sidenote:
A new bed also means a new room. It is a work in progress so don't judge me as a parent on how uncute her room looks -- we're working on it. I want to thank Ryan's mom and dad for donating the bunk beds (we'll put the top bunk up later). It looked so boyish so I HAD to "girlify" it. As a result we found this pink canopy at Tuesday Morning and it helps a little bit. Ryan says Aubrey doesn't care about all her girly pricess things, and that I'm doing this for me, and I suppose he's right. But I just smile and tell him that in another year or two Aubrey will be grateful her mommy went to such great lengths ;)! We'll see!

 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Yea for Aubrey! That is so awesome. That is a huge milestone and for her to do it so easily is great. Congrats to Mom and Dad as well!

SmithFamily said...

Cute pictures of Aubrey! We would love to see new pictures of Eva.

Beach Hendersons said...

big girl bed....awesome

Mandy said...

The canopy looks great! I am sure Aubrey LOVES all her princess stuff. :) I'm so glad it didn't take her long to adjust to her new big girl bed. Getting a toddler adjusted to anything can be a huge ordeal.

Tobias Family said...

Wow, Lacey that is newat she is in a big bed, Alexys will be moving into one soon- in the next couple months- hopefully she does as well as Aubrey did!!!
Can't wait to hang out at Christmas time, I told Alexys today and she got excited

Julie said...

Dude, I think those are the exact same bunk beds my boys have! You're right, they are SO not girly! The canopy is way cute and I would bet that within a month we will get to see pics of Aubrey's adorable princess palace:)

In honor of the Olympcs, and in preparation for sept. 25...we bring you Dwight Shrute!